Backend Developer (Node.js)
Healthy.io is one of the first companies to successfully turn a smartphone into a clinical-grade medical device enabling faster treatment and improved care for patients around the world. Our products combine computer vision and machine learning technology and best-in-class UX design to create new clinical pathways through smartphone powered urinalysis and digitized wound management.
Backend developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a wide range of services and infrastructures. Our backend deployments serve a wide range of research and medical applications that impact the lives of real patients, helping with the diagnostics of medical conditions from the comfort of their home.
Node.js is our language of choice, together with Go and Python they form our technological stack. We dockerize everything on the cloud, and we are big fans of Kubernetes.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our services must be robust, resilient, secure, performant and scalable. We build an array of services that support the entire company's technical endeavors. Everything from our mobile and web applications to our internal research tools. Our infrastructure powers our computer vision and ML algorithms, and our DBs are used for data science and BI.
We're looking for an experienced backend developer to join our team. You have to be smart, creative and a natural go-getter. Someone who has fresh ideas and the technical prowess and understanding of how to approach a high quality backend application. You need to bring to the table the best practices and tech stack that modern backend infrastructures are built upon.
Role & Responsibilities
- High throughput of high-quality, well-architected and tested code.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in backend design and development.
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges - from mobile/web APIs, via security thinking to data management and BI requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes.
- 2-3 years of experience developing backend infrastructure and services in Node.js using ES2017 standards.
- Proficiency in databases (mySQL, Postgres, noSQL).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms.
- B.Sc. in CS or a similar degree - major advantage.
- Proficiency in Go or Python - advantage.
- Experience with cloud development and maintenance - advantage