Backend Team Leader
Healthy.io turns the smartphone camera into a clinical-grade medical device, improving access to healthcare across the globe. Our products are geared towards consumers as well as healthcare partners. Backend developers at Healthy.io are responsible for developing a wide variety of platforms. From mission-critical systems, through research and data science, to integrations and tools.
With the company's growth and with more than 10 backend developers, we're looking for a team leader. A person with proven experience in leading groups of developers, responsible for their professional growth and consolidating technologies and architectures. You will be part of a very dynamic environment supported by a super strong teammates and a culture of excellence.
This is an ideal opportunity for a tech-oriented leader, who would like to join a fast growing company, which is driven by a remarkable vision.
Our technological stack is very rich, relying heavily on Node.js, seasoned with some Go language and a touch of Python. We love cloud infrastructure, and are 100% Dockerized and orchestrated using Kubernetes. On all platforms.
Because we work in the medical field, our backend deployments must be especially resilient, reliable, and app-friendly (web and mobile). We hold ourselves up to the highest standards and our developers should be able to carefully architect and develop new services while being mindful of the smallest details. We also make sure we are versed in the most up to date modern backend tooling, libraries and frameworks.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 5+ developers.
- Consolidate technologies and processes.
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales, and other stakeholders.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in backend design and development.
- At least 7 years of experience developing backend systems.
- At least 4 years of experience in a cloud environment (either GCP or AWS).
- At least 2 years of experience using a modern orchestration system like Kubernetes.
- A proven experience in leading a team of 5+ developers.
- High level of spoken and written English.
- Be a smart, independent and efficient learner.
- Experience in operating deployments in production is a major advantage.
- Experience in integrations with external systems is a major advantage.
- Proficiency with the Go language is an advantage.