Commercial Manager - UK
Healthy.io is the global leader in turning the smartphone camera into a medical device. Described by the Economist as “the company to usher in the era of the medical selfie”, Healthy.io’s unique team, combines world class computer vision technologists, product designers, biochemists, software developers with people that have a deep understanding of transforming health systems.
The company has received two breakthrough FDA clearances for its first product line, which enables smartphone enabled clinical grade urinalysis done by patients, anywhere, anytime. This technology has created a new clinical reality for pregnant women, women suffering from urinary tract infections and millions of patients at risk for chronic kidney disease.
True to its ‘medical selfie’ vision the company is expanding its product portfolio, using the smartphone camera to improve documentation and analysis of chronic wounds.
The UK business has 11 contracts with the NHS and is looking to scale rapidly and build upon this platform. The team has also secured a roll out in 300 Boots stores and is planning a B2C launch later this year.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are looking for a sales manager to join our world-class team as we ramp up our commercial strategy for the UK. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for developing & executing UK growth sales strategies & action plans for our smartphone-powered urinalysis and wound products.
This role will be the pivotal with our customers and partners in the UK so must have the ability to interact and manage relationships at C-level within the NHS and private healthcare organisations, bringing a strong network of contacts and relationships, the candidate will be expected to identify prospects for current and future Healthy.io products, develop a UK sales plan relating to the specific product area, build a substantive pipeline to meet annual growth goals, deliver against annual sales targets, create key relationships to both open the door to new opportunities and to close sales and understand customer and market trends.
You will work closely with the UK Customer Success team to ensure successful transition from a new sale to planning for mobilisation and then ongoing account management.
We see these as pivotal, high growth roles with the potential to take on significant leadership responsibility and are looking for an experienced candidates who can truly make a difference. We believe and practice competitive compensation in both commission and salary, including equity.
Expertise in the field of wound care or diagnostics or a clinical background in nursing, primary care, maternity, renal or urology is welcomed but not essential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with marketing on new business generation
- Generate further pilot sites for wound partnerships
- Manage evaluation process in conjunction with BD team
- Consult and finalise commercial model
- Building pipeline
- Deal Qualification
- Closing deals and finalising commercials
- Leading clinical partnerships
- Transition of deals to Customer Success and Operations team
- Support on upsell with Customer Success Team
- Documenting all activities on Salesforce
- 5 years experience in sales in a healthcare environment
- Strong track record of deal building and closure, including upsell from existing customers
- Strong track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
- Disciplined and detailed approach to sales process, including familiarity with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Substantive relationships and contacts across the NHS, provider and commissioner and ideally also within private healthcare space. Ability and credibility to interact at C suite level
- Flexible and adaptive attitude suitable for a new market entry, including self reliance and strong team work ethos
- Ability to understand clinical use case and ambitious individual looking for an opportunity to grow with the company but prepared to roll up their sleeves on the journey
- Stamina and energy for significant UK based travel
- Clinical background ideal but not essential