Patient Engagement Advocate
Healthy.io is the global leader in turning the smartphone camera into a medical device. Described by the Economist as “the company to usher in the era of the medical selfie”, Healthy.io’s unique team, combines world class computer vision technologists, product designers, biochemists, software developers with people that have a deep understanding of transforming health systems. The company enables smartphone enabled clinical grade urinalysis done by patients, anywhere, anytime.
Patients with diabetes and hypertension are recommended to have a urine test annually as a way to identify early stage chronic kidney disease. Currently, each test requires a visit to a physician or laboratory but Healthy.io’s transformative approach enables patients to test at home - making healthcare more accessible for patients and more cost-effective for health plans.
We are looking for a Patient Engagement Advocate to join our team and support us in our mission to bring the medical selfie to the US, helping more patients to access their annual urine test without needing to visit their doctor. You will be responsible for communicating directly with patients and encouraging them to take part in our projects, focusing on people who have missed their annual urine screening. You will explain how to perform the test and discuss the benefits. You also need to be on hand to field customer service questions.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the lives of patients, clinicians and the wider healthcare system, working with our expert team to learn more about the potential for digital to transform healthcare.
This is a temp position for 6 months with a possible opportunity to move to a full time position.
● A strong desire to improve the health care experience: you love to serve and make a difference
● Proven success in building relationships and trust
● Excellent written communication skills
● Comfort working in a dynamic startup environment
● Adaptability; processes and workflows may change as we look to improve the patient experience
● Energetic and proactive, with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
● Highly organized with attention to detail
● Confident using technology and proven experience with Microsoft Office systems
● Passion for providing innovative healthcare solutions and helping people