Senior Backend Developer
Backend developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a wide range of services and infrastructures. Our backend deployments serve a wide range of research and medical applications that impact the lives of real patients, helping with the diagnostics of medical conditions from the comfort of their home.
Node.js is our language of choice, together with GO and Python they form our technological stack. We dockerize everything on the cloud, and we are big fans of Kubernetes.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our services must be robust, resilient, secure, performant and scalable. We build an array of services that support the entire company's technical endeavors. Everything from our mobile and web applications to our internal research tools. Our infrastructure powers our computer vision and ML algorithms, and our DBs are used for data science and BI.
We're looking for an experienced senior backend developer to join our team. You have to be smart, creative and independent. Someone who has fresh ideas and the technical prowess and understanding of how to approach a high quality backend application. You need to bring to the table the best practices and tech stack that modern backend infrastructure are built upon.
Role & Responsibilities
- High throughput of high-quality, well-architected and tested code.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in backend design and development.
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges - from mobile/web APIs, via security thinking to data management and BI requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes.
- Lead and make an impact.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing high quality backend infrastructure and services.
- B.Sc. in CS or a similar degree is a major advantage.
- Deep understanding of the at least one backend platform foundations, best practices and modern programming.
- Expertise in Node.js is a major advantage.
- Experience with dev-ops tools and processes is a major advantage
- Proficiency in GO is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Python is an advantage
- Experience with Cloud development and maintenance is an advantage
- Proficiency in SQL is an advantage
- Experience with cloud security and compliance is an advantage