Senior iOS Developer
iOS developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a set of medical and research applications. Our apps impact the lives of real patients, helping them diagnose various medical conditions from home. Coupled with our physical testing kits, our Android and iOS applications are used for a wide variety of cases, from screening to early detection to treatment analysis. Beyond that we are developing new products in the field of dermatology.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our apps must be accessible, resilient and very user-friendly. They have to be beautiful on the outside and super performant on the inside. To allow our users to self-test successfully, our UI is designed to be the most intuitive and friendly guide, while under the hood we have sophisticated vision algorithms to extract and analyze camera data. We strive to constantly change and adapt according to the latest trends and technologies available. We also collaborate with many health organizations, which creates one of our main technical challenges: customizing our user experience to suit each of our partners' needs.
We're looking for an experienced Senior iOS developer, to join our team. You have to be smart, creative and independent. Someone who has fresh ideas and the technical prowess and understanding of how to approach a high quality iOS application. You need to bring to the table the best practices and tech stack that modern iOS apps are built upon.
Role & Responsibilities
- High throughput of high-quality and well-architected and tested code.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in both iOS development and app design.
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges (from the high-level UX concerns down to the nitty-gritty of the camera API).
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing high quality iOS apps.
- Deep understanding of the iOS platform foundations, best practices and modern programming.
- Proficient and enthusiastic about architecture.
- Testing oriented, comfortable working in a TDD environment.
- UI and UX oriented - fluent in the best design patterns and trends.
- Published portfolio - high quality personal or company made iOS apps have been published under your belt.
- Camera API experience - advantage.
- OpenGL / other 3D rendering experience - advantage.
- C++ integrations - advantage.
- Experience with Android ecosystem and Kotlin - advantage.