Android developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a set of medical and research applications. Our apps impact the lives of real patients, helping them diagnose various medical conditions from home. Coupled with our physical testing kits, our Android and iOS applications are used for a wide variety of cases, from screening to early detection to treatment analysis. Beyond that we have brand new products in our pipeline. It's a great time to join us.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our apps must be accessible, resilient and very user-friendly. They have to be beautiful on the outside and super performant on the inside. To allow our users to self-test successfully, our UI is designed to be the most intuitive and friendly guide, while under the hood we have sophisticated vision algorithms to extract and analyse camera data. We strive to constantly change and adapt according to the latest trends and technologies available. We also collaborate with many health organisations, which creates one of our main technical challenges: customising our user experience to suit each of our partner's needs.
We're looking for an experienced senior developer, to join our team. You have to be smart, creative and independent. Someone who has fresh ideas and the technical prowess and understanding of how to approach a high quality Android application. You need to bring to the table the best practices and tech stack that modern Android apps are built upon.
Role & Responsibilities
- High throughput of high-quality and well-architected and tested code.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in both Android development and app design.
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges (from the high-level UX concerns down to the nitty-gritty of the camera API).
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing high quality Android apps.
- Deep understanding of the Android platform foundations, best practices and modern programming.
- UI and UX oriented - fluent in the best design patterns and trends.
- Published portfolio - high quality personal or company made Android apps have been published under your belt.
- Experience with Kotlin - A must
- Experience with MVVM / Redux architectures - Advantage
- Experience with Unit Tests - Advantage.
- Camera API experience - Advantage.
- OpenGL / other 3D rendering experience - Advantage.
- C++ integrations - Advantage.
- Experience with iOS / React Native / Web development - Advantage.