Back to careers
Engineering | Tel Aviv-Yafo, IL
About the position
Healthy.io is one of the first companies to successfully turn a smartphone into a clinical-grade medical device enabling faster treatment and improved care for patients worldwide. Our products are powered by computer vision and machine learning and create new clinical pathways through smartphone-powered urinalysis and digitized wound management.
Android developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a set of medical and research applications. Our apps impact the lives of real patients, helping them diagnose various medical conditions from home. Coupled with our physical testing kits, our Android and iOS applications are used for various cases, from screening to early detection to treatment analysis.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our apps must be accessible, resilient, and very user-friendly. They have to be beautiful on the outside and super performant on the inside. To allow our users to self-test successfully, our UI is designed to be the most intuitive and friendly guide, while under the hood, we have sophisticated vision algorithms to extract and analyze camera data. We strive to constantly change and adapt according to the latest trends and technologies available. We also collaborate with many health organizations, which creates one of our main technical challenges: customizing our user experience to suit each partner's needs.
We're looking for an experienced developer to join our team. You have to be intelligent, creative, and independent. Someone who has fresh ideas and technical prowess and understands how to approach a high-quality Android application. You need to bring the best practices and tech stack to the table that modern Android apps are built upon.
- 5+ years of experience developing high-quality Android apps
- Proven experience with Kotlin
- Deep understanding of the Android platform foundations, best practices, and modern programming
- UI and UX oriented - fluent in the best design patterns and trends
- Published portfolio - high-quality personal or company-made Android apps have been published under your belt
- Experience with MVVM / Redux architectures
- Experience with Unit Tests
- Experience with UI Tests
- Camera API experience
- OpenGL / other 3D rendering experience
- C++ integrations
- Experience with iOS / React Native / Web development
Role & Responsibilities
- High throughput of high-quality and well-architected and tested code
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, researchers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes
- Be responsible, deliver on time, and own your projects
- Keep up to date with the best practices and patterns in both Android development and app design
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges (from the high-level UX concerns down to the nitty-gritty of the camera API)
or send your CV to [email protected]