Junior iOS Developer
iOS developers at Healthy.io are in charge of developing a set of medical and research applications. Our apps impact the lives of real patients, helping them diagnose various medical conditions from home. Coupled with our physical testing kits, our Android and iOS applications are used for a wide variety of cases, from screening to early detection to treatment analysis. Beyond that we have brand new products in our pipeline. It's a great time to join us.
From an engineering standpoint, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our apps must be accessible, resilient and very user-friendly. They have to be beautiful on the outside and super performant on the inside. To allow our users to self-test successfully, our UI is designed to be the most intuitive and friendly guide, while under the hood we have sophisticated vision algorithms to extract and analyze camera data. We strive to constantly change and adapt according to the latest trends and technologies available. We also collaborate with many health organisations, which creates one of our main technical challenges: customizing our user experience to suit each of our partner's needs.
We're looking for a junior developer to join our team. You have to be smart, creative and independent. Someone who has fresh ideas and the technical prowess and understanding of how to approach a high quality iOS application.
Role & Responsibilities
- Write high-quality and well-architected code without cutting corners: In other words, move fast but don’t break things.
- Be responsible, deliver on time and own your projects.
- Be a smart, independent and efficient learner.
- Be ready to acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges (from the high-level UX concerns down to the nitty-gritty of the camera API).
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, designers, sales and marketing, and other stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes.
- 1-2 years of experience developing iOS apps (preferably in Swift)
- Proven experience with user-facing applications - major advantage
- OpenGL / other 3D rendering experience - advantage
- C++ integrations - advantage
- Published portfolio - advantage
- Experience with Android / React Native / Web development - advantage