Healthy.io is the global leader in turning the smartphone camera into a medical device. Described by the Economist as “the company to usher in the era of the medical selfie”, Healthy.io’s unique team, combines world class computer vision technologists, product designers, biochemists, software developers with people that have a deep understanding of transforming health systems.
Our smartphone-based technology enables clinical grade urinalysis to be carried out by patients anywhere, anytime - and we are working with patients, pharmacies, and the NHS to transform diagnosis and monitoring of conditions such as urinary tract infection, chronic kidney disease, and pre-eclampsia.
True to our ‘medical selfie’ vision we are also expanding our product portfolio to enable healthcare professionals to use their smartphone camera to improve documentation and management of chronic wounds, working with sites across the NHS to tackle this £5 billion challenge.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our small team at a pivotal time in our growth. Our smartphone-based technology enables clinical grade urinalysis to be carried out by patients anywhere, anytime - and we are working with patients, pharmacies, and the NHS to transform care for women suffering with urinary tract infections and patients at risk of chronic kidney disease.
You will lead the development of our customer support function; this essential team is the first port of call for patients using our services whether they access them via our website, their local pharmacy, or their GP practice.
The customer support team is responsible for answering any questions our customers might have about how to use our urine-testing kits and smartphone app. You will take the lead on developing and growing this function as we scale.
Please make sure to submit cover letter with your resume.
Role & Responsibilities
- Monitoring the success of our customer support team, ensuring that customer support queries are responded to quickly and effectively, and that patients are provided with all the support they need to use our services
- Work closely with colleagues in product management, logistics, and operations to ensure a seamless customer experience for our patients whether they have ordered a kit online, collected from a local pharmacy, or have been referred by their NHS team. This will include managing inventory and working with the fulfilment centre.
- Develop strategies, processes, and procedures to drive continuous improvement in the customer support function
- Take the lead on developing our approach to determining recruitment needs, developing a rota system, and ensuring that all staff are highly trained and performing successfully
- Provide effective line management of the customer support team, ensuring that the team is supported to develop their skills and grow their careers.
- Work closely with colleagues in product management, logistics, and operations to ensure a seamless customer experience for our patients whether they have ordered a kit online, collected from a local pharmacy, or have been referred by their NHS team. This includes review pre-production of targeted marketing materials
- Support the Director of Operations in wider organisational strategies as needed
- Support the design and development of suitable dashboard reports that capture the key metrics and identify variance in performance
- Maintain office services by ensuring office supplies and resources are restocked
- Liaising with the King's Fund to manage the Landlord/Tenant relationship
- Dispatching demonstration kits to potential clients when required
- Leading and motivating a team, including taking responsibility for managing a rota and recruitment, training, development, and line management
- Development of strategies, processes, and procedures to enable smooth and seamless customer service
- Customer service skills, particularly over the telephone
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written
- A quick learner, happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Very comfortable with technology and working remotely
- Experience in a start-up or small company
- Experience managing a call-centre or other customer focused team
- Experience working with sensitive data